Rural Housing Loan Program Lenders
Approved USDA direct lender Hometown Equity Mortgage would be pleased to assist you in determining if you qualify for a USDA home loan. You can apply online or call us for personalized service at (855) 563-4836.
Hometown Equity Mortgage is now licensed to offer USDA home loans in 33 states! Click here for the list of States.
What is a Guaranteed USDA Rural Housing Home Loan?
The USDA Guaranteed Housing Loan Program is a government insured mortgage loan designed for low to moderate income families and individuals living in small communities and rural areas throughout America.
This home loan is often called a USDA mortgage, USDA Rural Home Loan, government rural loan, Section 502 loans, 100% financing loan or no money down home loan.
- No down payment (100% financed)
- Competitive mortgage rates
- Low monthly mortgage insurance (guarantee fee)
- Allows the seller to pay all of the buyer’s closing costs
- Up to 33 year fixed interest rates
We recommend you visit USDA Rural Development for all the current information.
*What Are Some of the Requirements to Qualify for a USDA Home Loan?
- Repayment ability is based upon the principal, interest, taxes & insurance divided by your gross monthly income, which must be equal to or less than 29%
- Total debt divided by gross monthly income must be equal to, or less than 41%
- Buyers must personally occupy the home following their purchase
- There are income eligibility requirements
- Minor credit problems may be waived
For more information on eligibility visit the USDA Income & Property page.
What Kind of Home Qualifies for a USDA Mortgage?
- Guaranteed USDA loans can be made on either new or exiting homes
- No limits on the price of the home you wish to buy
- There’s no restrictions on the size or home design
- The home must be in an eligible rural area
- Funds can be used to build, repair, renovate or relocate a home
- Funds can also be used to prepare sites, including providing water & sewage facilities
- Existing homes must be in good repair, functionally adequate & structurally sound
How Do I Get Started?
Hometown Equity Mortgage makes it easy. Apply online to see if you qualify by clicking on the banner below or call us and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs at: (855) 563-4836